Basement flooding and water logging are some of the most common problems of low lying areas. Not only are houses damaged, but the expensive furniture of a basement are also destroyed. A sump pump is a device that can keep your basement dry by pumping the logged water off the house. Though there are numerous brands and types of sump pumps available in the market, but the Wayne WSS30V is considered to be one of the best. It is a pre-assembled sump pump and it falls under the category of plug-and-play type of machinery. The handiness of home improvement tools and gadgets is not known much about by the new homeowners. This dilemma is now eliminated by the Wayne WSS30V sump pump. All the water related issues can be solved with the help of this sump pump.
Why should you buy this Wayne WSS30V sump pump?
Basement flooding is prevented as it removes groundwater from sump pump pits. It is an automatic sump pump. Along with the main pump, there is also a backup pump that functions and helps the main pump during the rise in water level. This sump pump minimizes the obstructions and clogging of the drainage pipe because of its top suction design. The alarm in the pump informs the user during the activation of the backup system of the sump pump. It is very helpful as it warns the customer about the rise of water level.
What are the attributes and unique features of the Wayne WSS30V?
- It is a reassemble model of sump pump which is preset in the US.
- You can easily install the sump pump even if you are not enough knowledgeable about its installation techniques.
- Highly durable cast iron is used to make the Wayne WSS30V sump pump.
- This sump pump has a vertical float switch, so that it can be operated automatically.
- The kit consists of a battery operated 12 volt back-up pump.
- Corrosion resistance and high flow capacity are the features of all the parts of this sump pump.
- A charger and battery box is also included in the kit of this sump pump.
- You can easily adjust a reed float switch which is present in the kit.
- Two heavy duty check valves are consisted of this sump pump.
- The maximum flow rate of the main pump is 4200 gallons per hour with 1/2 HP. This flow rate is maintained at 10 feet of discharge height.
- The secondary pump has a maximum flow rate of 3300 gallons per hour. At 10 feet of discharge height, its maximum flow rate becomes 2300 gallons per hour.
Pros and cons of the Wayne WSS30V sump pump
- This pre-assembled sump pump comes in the mail.
- The setup and installation of the Wayne WSS30V sump pump is quite easy.
- Much sound is not produced by the Wayne WSS30V, as it functions very quietly.
- Rust and corrosion of all the parts of this model of sump pump are prevented due to its unique design.
- The heavy duty check valves of this sump pump ensure the elimination of backfield during pumping.
- A backup battery is not contained by the package of the Wayne WSS30V sump pump.
- The lifespan of both the main pump and backup pump is shorter than the other models.
- Small pits can hinder the operation of the pump.
Important guidelines for the Wayne WSS30V
The damage of the sump pump can be avoided by clearing the sand, stone and debris from the sump pit regularly. It must be done as this sump pump does not consist of an installed filter.
Lengthening the life of the Wayne WSS30V
- The condition of the battery must be checked at least once in a month to avoid accidents.
- You should not hit the battery post or pump with metal tools or heavy objects, so that short circuiting can be prevented.
- Always check the discharge pipe and clean it regularly.
- The unit must be unplugged completely before moving any part of this sump pump.
All your water related problems will definitely be solved by the Wayne WSS30V Primary and Battery Backup Combination Sump Pump System. Buy this sump pump to keep your house dry.